Saturday 3 August 2013

Summer Holidays- caves and home

As my previous summer holidays post(s) explained I headed to Cornwall for my summer trip this year with my mum and dad. I've decided to blog about my trip, but split them up into separate posts, because I know full well its going to be a long post otherwise!

Our final day in Cornwall was an early start, with us packing up and leaving our little house by half 8 in the morning! Safe to say I was pretty tired! But I settled down in the care ready for the 3 hour drive to get to our final destination. We were heading for Cheddar Gorge!

With me being massively into all things geographical and nerdy I knew full well that I was going to love Cheddar Gorge and I did! A little too much if I'm honest.
We spent nearly 2 hours in one cave, listening to all the information and wandering round. I thought the caves were amazing and I spent the whole time telling my mum and dad all about the caves and how they form and nerdy things like that.

 
The caves were so interesting, plus the funky tricks of light make it hard to tell what you're looking at
 After the caves me and my dad headed up the 274 steps to the viewing tower, halfway up I started to regret my option to climb it. But once I got to the top and saw the views I was very happy I'd decided to do it!

The views were pretty impressive!
Straight after we headed for a little bakery for dinner and then to Costa! 
Our last stop of the day was back to the original Travelodge we had stayed at literally 4 days before, for our last night away, however I did get my own room again, which meant that I could rest up, after the nicest meal ever at the Carvery, ready for our 4 hour drive back to Blackpool the following morning!

My whole holiday/road trip/get away was fantastic and I loved every minute of it, exploring such a beautiful place with my parents! I only wish we did it more often and I cannot WAIT until I can go back to Cornwall again! 

Hope anyone reading this has enjoyed my ramblings, I'd love to visit more of England/the world!
I do apologize for the awful quality of pictures, but these were all the best ones that I took, which were all taken on my Iphone, considering they turned out better than my digital camera photos did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment