Sunday 4 August 2013

My Summer Favourites

I'm not one of those people who buys new things every month and uses different things all the time, I pretty much just use the same things all the time, especially if I know they're good! But I thought, with my inspiration coming from other bloggers and from YouTubers, that I might do a little favourites post about my favourite beauty, clothing and other items so far over this glorious period of weather we've had in Britain! 

One of my favourite shops is New Look, purely because they sell some really nice clothes which are reasonably priced, considering I cant spend all my wages on clothes each month! Oh but how I wish I could! When I was on holiday I did a bit of shopping in Newquay, which is where I picked up my first favourite of the summery season! 

Oatmeal Crochet Back T-shsirt - £5 from New Look (Possibly might be back to £9.99)

I loved the material and the speckled type pattern that it has and the colour is neutral and quite summery I thought! The back is crochet and laps onto the shoulders, which looks really nice. The tshirt is oversised but I went for a size smaller than I normally would and I'm glad I did because I don't feel like its too small or too big! When I got to the checkout in New look and found out that it was only £5 I was even happier with my little purchase, I wish I'd got a few more, maybe in different colours now! I find that this tshirt is great for casual days out and is extremely comfy for travelling!

With the weather being rather warm and not being able to find a decent pair of sandals yet I've pretty much lived in my grey Toms. 

Toms University Classic, Light Grey Canvas- £36.99, Office 

They're the comfiest and most practical shoes I think I've ever owned! I've worn them far too much and they're looking really scruffy now but they're still incredibly comfy and I wont be getting rid of them any time soon! Highly recommend Toms because they're so comfy and practical! As well as the amazing work the company does giving shoes to the poorer in the third world countries. 

Apart from the odd pair of labelled shoes; Converse, Toms and Vans which I own I'm not a labelled clothing type of person; I prefer the high street shops. But recently my dad bought me this lovely Superdry Vest whilst on my holidays, as a little present. I am completely in love with it! 

Superdry vintage low arm vest- £19.99 Superdry store 

I love the colours which are reallllly girly and summery. The vest has low cut arms so a lot of side/bra is on show but if I wear it with a white bandeau I feel more comfortable with wearing the vest! I just love it and its been worn quite often over the past few weeks with this lovely weather we've had! So thank you father for buying this for me! 

Finally I have some random favourites which I've fallen in love with and used quite a lot over the past few weeks! 

1- Hayfever Tablets
2- Sunglasses- £1 Primark
3- The Mortal Instruments, Cassandra Clare, book three
4- The Body Shop, Born Lippy, Strawberry Lip Balm- £3 The body Shop


First is the Hayfever and Allergy Relief tablets which have been an absolute GOD SEND these past few weeks! I've never had hayfever before but this year it has been awful! I've tried several types of tablets since the hayfever season started and these seem to be the best ones I've found! Plus they're only about 40p!
The sunglasses have also been a God send and have been everywhere with me! They're just simple black framed sunglasses, with pink and grey rims, which I originally bought to take to a concert with me for the queue during the day. They only cost me £1 and they're possibly the best things I bought this year(I cant be trusted with expensive sunglasses because I just loose them, oops!)
My summer reading this year has been given to me by a close friend, who has given me a full summer reading list! With the weather being so nice I've had lots of time sat in the sun so I've read rather a lot just recently! I'm currently reading The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, and I'm only on book 3 but I am truly IN LOVE with the series! I recommend the series to ANYONE who wants a book they won't be able to put down! And whats even more exciting is that they've made the first book into a film, EEEK!
And finally this The Body Shop, Born Lippy Strawberry lip balm has also been a favourite of mine! It was only about £3 to and has been brilliant to put in my bag for work, days out or before bed! It slightly tints the lips to so for someone like me who either doesn't have time or is too lazy to put a full face of make up on is brill! 

Hope you enjoyed :-)! 

4 comments:

  1. cutest shirt!

    nice blog
    xo,
    A
    alcamori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading City of Glass! Cannot wait to see the film! I also got that body shop lip balm for free! It was on voucher codes :P Also you need to put up a google+ subscribe gadget so I can follow you! (I don't use bloglovin') x

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with them; me either, not long to go now!! OOO I may have to sign up for that then:-)! and I've hopefully put a button on the side bar now, it should be working:-S

      Your blogs lovely :-)!xx

      Delete