Friday 16 August 2013

What's in my make-up bag


Whilst brain storming ideas for my blog I thought about doing a post about my 'make-up bag', which isn't actually a bag but hey who cares. So I thought i'd let you all in on my little beauty bag(well box).

As i've said hundreds of time on this blog before I'm not a massive make up wearer because I'm usually busy, working or too lazy to put it on, but I don't half have a lot of stuff in my box!


My box is very unorganized and filled with things which I use regularly and things which I hardly ever use. The box itself is from a soap and glory gift set I received at Christmas, but I kept it because its a very good storage size; I'm all for reusing and saving the planet! 


I have very sensitive skin so wearing foundation and powder is tricky for me because it either make me red and puffy or brings my skin out in rashes and awful spot breakouts. When I do wear liquid foundation I use Clinique even better make up, SPF 15 in 02 Fair for liquid foundation, which was £24. Powder wise I use Clinique Stay-matte sheer pressed powder, oil-free in 101 invisible matte, which was £23. I wear the liquid foundation very rarely but I use the powder most days and although its supposedly invisible I find that it gives my skin a natural look and smoothness. 


My blush and brush collection is very minimal. I tend not to use blusher but if I do its one of these three, which are all pretty similar colours.  My two brushes are both the same brand and were reasonable at about £4 each. I do find that the foundation brush gets misshaped and unusable really easily though. I rally want to purchase some better blushers and brushes!


I clearly only buy mascara in a yellow or purple container. My absolute favourite mascaras are the Maybelline New York, The Colossal Volum' Express and The Falsies Volum' Express mascaras. Both give completely different volume, and both have different shaped wands. I'm just a massive Maybelline New York mascara lover!! The Volume Lash mascara from George at ASDA is my spare mascara which I tend to put in my bag for college or emergencies. It was really cheap yet gives great volume! The last purple mascara on the right is yet to be tried! 


My lips collection in my box is rather lacking. On the left is my Avon colour lipstick in Pink, and next to that is my Collection 2000, C2000 True Glossy 6 which is my absolute favourite! Being a massive fan of The Body Shop and their Born Lippy range its obligatory to keep my strawberry lip balm in there, obviously!


With being one of those people who on-off diet and go through stages of health kicks I always have a stash of vitamins and 'healthy' things. I love Berocca and find it quite refreshing yet energizing! I also take Evening Primrose Oil for hormones and my skin and is definitely one of the best tablets to take! Its also brilliant to put on healing scars! And of course no make up bag/box is complete without a stash of Beechams cold and flue, all in one tablets! 

Obviously there's some other random objects in my box like the Simple, kind to skin eye makeup correction pen, which I have mixed opinions about; its a good product but if you're like me and make a lot of mistakes with your makeup it doesn't stay clean and in great working condition for long. A whole collection of bobbles and bobby pins; as all girls know they are a must! My tweezers, The Body Shop strawberry body butter, nail file, 'Let 'em grow' nail varnish', Clearasil cream and an Avon concealer for oily skin. 

It's a pretty full box! Thanks for reading!




14 comments:

  1. Love the Maybelline mascaras, Colossal is my favourite at the moment :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love clinique makeup, i get awful breakouts from other makeups too, and my skin is so sensitive!
    Also i love that maybelline mascara, don't you find the colossal smells a bit like eyedrops... or is that just me? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say I've ever thought about it smelling like eyedrops!x

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'm a huge fan of your blog. I love your blog so much that I've nominated you for The Liebster Award! Go here if you'd like to be a part of it and keep it going!- http://brooke-eliz.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-liebster-award-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm flattered, but I've already done it! Thank you so much though!x

      Delete
  4. Love the blog, thank you for the reviews! Helpful :)

    Checkout mine?:)
    closetsnaps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The volume express mascaras are incredible! I always find when using mascaras that I compare new ones to the maybelline ones! I should stop buying any other brand because nothing really beats them!
    Lovely post, it's always interesting to know what makeup people have!
    http://zoelizabethxo.blogspot.co.uk/ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant! I always do that to; I've stopped buying other brands now!
      Love your blog!x

      Delete
  6. I love the body shop born lippy!

    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete