Wednesday 8 January 2014

Weight Loss Wednesdays

Today is the start of Weight Loss Wednesday! What are you talking about Hannah? Well the lovely Jennifer of  barelytherebeauty has created this weight loss group (if you will) to help motivate and support others in the blogging world. So basically this means that once a week, on a Wednesday, hence the Weight Loss Wednesday name, I'll be(along with a lot of other bloggers, who can be found on the page linked below) posting help/inspiration/tips/motivation/progress etc etc about weight loss and living healthier. Don't get me wrong though I'm no expert at these types of things but as someone who wants to feel and look better I thought it'd be a fab idea to join in and share my experiences and minimal knowledge with others. 

I also know that weight loss and body image is a sensitive topic for many, but this isn't meant to offend or make anyone feel pressured, and isn't meant to induce poor weight loss techniques but to encourage healthier living and maybe loose a few pounds on the way!




Each Thursday at 8pm GMT there will also be a #bloggersWLW chat on twitter to give everyone involved that added bit of support from the community! 

So from today there will be a post every Wednesday about my journey to help and inspire(I hope) others and of course to document how I'm trying to help myself to change my unhealthy ways, and shed a few pounds along the way if I can. 

If you fancy getting involved with this then check out the original post with all the information about joining on here; http://www.barelytherebeauty.com/p/bloggerswlw.html
So I suppose I best set some goals;

  • I want to loose around 1 lb a week, I know its not always easy to do this so its just a bit of a suggestion, I'd be happy if I lost anything at all!
  • I also want to do at least 1 hour of walking 3 times a week, whether this be when out in the day, at work or taking an evening stroll.
  • I'm also very weak(in strength terms) and lack definition, so another one of my goals is to gain some strength and tone up my stomach and arms with some exercises and strength training, including weights, zumba and resistance training.
  • All in all though my main goal is to be able to feel happier and healthier in my self because at the minute I feel ridiculously unfit, hopefully through eating healthier, drinking more water and being more active!

As a bit of inspiration (some for myself, tehe) I've added some 'motivational pictures' to the post.


I hate a lot of the 'ideal body' photos and the idealistic thoughts on body image; skinny skinny girls. However this one(the first picture) I found on Tumblr speaks volumes to me; its what I would love to achieve as it still looks to be a healthy size, however I know that I won't be able to...however its still a little bit of inspiration for me to stick to this and get healthier!  (Source; found on tumblr, original source; c0ldweather)

The second is my prom picture from 2 years ago(how time flies!) and at the time I was a size 8/10 and I'd love to be back at that size, just so I can feel better in myself because I remember at the time I was very happy with my body but after prom I just got lazy...oops.

The third is also a picture of Torre de la Horadada where I'm hopefully jetting off to in June this year! It's such a lovely place and although I'll be with family and family friends I'd love to feel confident enough to wear a bikini on the beach! For me feeling confident in a bikini isn't being skinny with bones sticking out at every angle, but feeling like I can actually wear a bikini without feeling that people are staring and judging. So that's something to look forward to and work towards aswell! (Source, found on google)

     Finally, I found this quote on google and I thought it was the post motivational thing I've read in a long time and thought it would probably apply to some people, because I'm sure it's not just me who's been putting getting healthier off!

Source, found on google

For a very long time I have been wishing that I felt healthier and felt happier in myself, as I'm sure others have to, but now's the time I need to stop doing that and make it a reality! So whatever it is you may want to achieve you just have to stop wishing it would happen and do it, because it won't happen by itself!

So there it is, my first Weight Loss Wednesday post! I hope some of you get involved; don't forget to check out the original post; http://www.barelytherebeauty.com/p/bloggerswlw.html on how to join the community! And again I know this can be a sensitive topic for many but I hope this hasn't offended anyone or made anyone feel uncomfortable because that is the last thing I want to do!

Happy getting healthier:-)


4 comments:

  1. Great post Hannah! I loveeee that last quotepic you added, so simple but really hits the point. You look gorgeous in your prom dress too, that pic must be such a good motivation to work towards :) 1lb a week is a completely healthy outlook to your weightloss; realistic and manageable :) And thank you so much for adding the caveat about not wanting to promote unhealthy crash diets etc, that's exactly what this community is Not about!! We're about feeling and looking beautiful and making our bodies love us with all the healthy things we're doing and giving to it, so thanks! :) So excited to see how you get on :)

    Jennifer Barely There Beauty | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-)!
      I knew some people might look at it differently to how we see the group so I thought I should maybe clarify just a little bit!
      Can't wait to see how everyone gets on :-)! xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely Post Hannah! having your goal as 1lbs is amazing and I really hope you acheive what you are aiming for. I know reading all the posts so far has certainly kept me motivated and I look forward to compiling them when im having a bad day and remember to not give up if it gets hard :D

    hopefully see you at the chat tonight !

    I am currently hosting a Valentines Box Swap with another blogger & would love it if you could take a look and maybe even take part too! It's going to be alot of fun! (link)

    Lucie xxx
    Fatbeautyx // Latest post ( Weight Loss Wednesday Week 1 & 2 ) // Vote for me in the #UKBA14

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much- It's been really helpful to read some posts this week after having such a bad week, just so then I don't give up!
    ooo that sounds lovely, I shall have a look! xx

    ReplyDelete