Wednesday 2 October 2013

Birthday Celebrations 3


So a few months back, when I'd first started blogging really, I did a little 'Get ready with me' sort of post for a friends birthday(which is here; Birthday Celebrations 2). Since I enjoyed doing that one I thought I'd do another one, and after a close friends recent 18th birthday party I thought this would be the perfect event to blog about! So here goes!

The top picture is basically everything I used for the party! I wear very little make up really and don't tend to venture into the world of eye shadow unless its a special occasion. As it goes this was a pretty special occasion so I thought hey why not?! I didn't fancy using liquid foundation, as I often don't, I chose to where my recent re-discovered favourite Rimmel London, Stay Matte pressed powder, in 003 Peach Glow. I find it just gives the skin a natural look which I always find I prefer.


I used the H&M Kabuki brush, which is defiantly worth the £4.99 I payed for it! I also recently purchased the MUA Pro-base fixing mist, which is actually really good! and at £5, you can't really go wrong!


I used my favourite mascara as usual! I'm not keen on eye lash curlers but I find this mascara does the job pretty well without using them! I can't keep up with how much I've raved about the Maybelline New York mascaras! I love them!


Finally, I used this gold-ish type colour for my eyes. I'm not ever sure about eye shadow or how to wear them, like should I be mixing or wearing just the one colour or what?! But hey I though this colour was quite nice and matched the colour of my outfit quite well. I have no idea what shade this is, all I know is its off a little pallet from Boots sometime last year! I did forget to take pictures of the lipstick I wore, but as usual I wore my collection 2000 favourite! 


So yeah this is basically how I ended up looking. As normal, because I'm awful at hair styling, I straightened my hair but ended up just pushing my fringe back every few minutes. 


I wore a gold sequined tshirt from New look, which I bought last year but have only worn once before! Its got a sort of see through chiffon type back to. I wore it tucked into a long black skirt which is defiantly my best purchase for a long time; only costing me £5! Yay! I then just put my old favourite heels on, which I bought from Peacocks, when that was still a shop haha!

Thanks for reading, I enjoy these types of posts! Hope you enjoyed! Heres a few pictures from the night;





1 comment:

  1. Love the contrast between the natural makeup look and gold sequined top! Works really well together, not too over the top.

    http:jamiesessions11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete