Wednesday 31 July 2013

Summer Holidays- Going to prison

As my previous summer holidays post explained I headed to Cornwall for my summer trip this year with my mum and dad. Ive decided to blog about my trip, but split them up into separate posts, because I know full well its going to be a long post otherwise!

We finally hit Cornwall on the Friday, which I was rather excited about! We couldn't pick our little house keys up until the late afternoon so we'd planned to see some sites first before heading to the site!

I didn't really know what there was to see and I wasn't too fused about what we saw! We headed for Bodmin Jail, which was such an interesting place to visit! The buildings were so nice to walk around and the history was so interesting (I'm secretly a MASSIVE geek).  We spent the whole morning wandering around, seeing all the cells and reading all the inmates stories.

One of the prison wings, which is no longer accessible, but still uniquely pretty
After this we headed for some more history and geek filled fun at Tintagel castle. The area was so so pretty! Although its not very friendly to get too if you're not very good with hills and steps!



It was hard to believe I was still in the UK. It was such a pretty place to visit and the views were amazing! I only wish I had a decent camera to take really good photos, instead I had to put up with my Iphone, seen as the pictures I took on there were far better than the ones I took on my actual digital camera!

But after we visited the castle we headed to the camp type thing we were staying on for the next three nights. Another hour and a half of driving.  We were staying in Perranporth, so we weren't far away from the beach. We spent the evening exploring Perranporth itself, which was such a lovely cute town. The fish and chips in Perranporth were amazing too, so that was a selling feature for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment