Tuesday 30 July 2013

Summer Holidays- One night stop and Longleat

My whole summer holiday/roadtrip was 6 nights long and we did SO much, so I'll split it up over a few posts as not to overload with text!

This year my mum, dad and I(we're just a little three person family:-) headed to Cornwall for our summer holiday! We don't often go away as a family as me and my mum tend to travel abroad and my dad doesn't like the heat and stuff. But seen as I'm heading for University next year my mum thought it would be nice for us all to go away together! Id never been to Cornwall before but my mum and dad said I'd love it so I was defiantly up for going!

We left Blackpool on the Wednesday evening and stopped off in Tewkesbury at a Travelodge for the night to split up the driving, seen as I couldn't drive share with my mum because I've not passed my test yet; boo!
I love one night stays at travelodge's(well all hotels in general) and I don't know why, there's just something about settling into a hotel for a single night before moving on that I really enjoy! We'd booked the hotel literally three days before so I had to share my room with my parents and I had a bed no wider than myself so it wasn't the comfiest nights sleep I'd ever had, but still it was a nice break!

The next morning we set out for Longleat! We had another couple of hours driving until we reached it but it was defiantly worth the driving! It wasn't quite school summer holidays yet so it was rather quiet! The weather was amazing which made the whole day even better!

We spent the morning wandering around the grounds, looking at the animals and having Costa Coffee and cakes sat in a little garden with the most amazing views! We visited the house, which is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen!

Longleat house was so pretty 


All the animals were cute and aw 
We also got ridiculously lost in the maze!

Our Costa and cake views were AMAZING

After we'd explored all the grounds we headed for the safari! Which was brill! I defiantly recommend Longleat for a day out!
We then had another hour or so driving to our next hotel, ready to head into Cornwall the next morning. We stayed at another travelodge, only I got to spend the night in my own room, which was brilliant! I was so tired I spent most the evening in bed, after the nicest meal I've ever eaten at a service station from Little Chef!

But that was our first day and by this point I was SO excited to finally head to Cornwall!

@HanMcFly
smilingwontkillyou

No comments:

Post a Comment