Monday 1 July 2013

Birthday Celebrations 2



Hii, I thought I'd try something a bit different and do a sort of  'get ready with me' post. I wasn't particularly dressed up for the occasion but I thought hey, you've got to start somewhere!


It was one of my closest friends birthday and our group of friends were celebrating with a meal and a few drinks at her house. It wasn't particularly dressy but it was a heels occasion, and they're always the best!

I don't get ready all in one go, so it was spread through out the day. But I started with a bath, which included Lush Fun bubble bar type thing and Lush Snow fairy. I used John Frieda's Luxurious Volume shampoo and conditioner on my hair.

 



Once I'd gotten out of the bath and then my shower(I'm very good at conserving water) I towel dried my hair and used John Frieda's Luxurious Volume mouse. 



I was also blessed with very sensitive skin so I have to be extra careful with anything I use on my skin. My newest favorite  moisturizer is currently Soap and Glory and luckily I can use it without my face blowing up to look like a tomato.  It smells soooo nice and is really moisturizing but I do find it a bit greasy.


To dry my hair I use a Tresemme hair dryer and to style I use GHD straighteners. I don't tend to use heat protection spray because I don't like how it makes my hair feel and how it burns on the straightening plates. I know I should but I haven't found a decent one to use. I straightened my hair, which is how I normally wear it, with my sweeping fringe across the right to the left. 

For my eyes I use Maybelline New York, The colossal Volum' Express mascara, its my regular favourite and reasonably priced to! I love the volume it gives and the fullness it gives my lashes. The brush is brilliant to use to! 


Obviously I'm forcing my eyes open to be that wide, but I quite like how the
mascara makes my eyes look 
I don't often wear face make up other than on my eyes, but seeing as it was a bit of a special occasion I used blusher and eye shadow, which was a massive change for me! 


I got this Technic blusher in a set with different colours and eye shadows. I don't know its name or anything but I like the way it sits on the skin and how it looks natural yet still enhances. I cant often tell the difference when I wear make up, but I wore it on my cheek bones and just slightly next to my eyes slightly lighter than on my cheeks.  I then put a silvery and grey coloured eye shadow on to just add a bit of colour and dimension.

Oh yeah, well done Hannah, Very in focus
As I said before I don't get ready in one go so I then went back to my hair. I made sure it was straight and added hair spray. I then thought I'd clip the fronts back with little bobby pins.  I then got dressed and ready; 
Sorry for the dirty mirror
I wore a cream/slightly off white t shirt from River Island, which is open on the back apart from little bows, which £15 in the sale. I wore it with dark blue jeans, from F&F at Tesco(comfy and reasonable), along with nude and black heels from New Look, £11 in the sale! I'm a massive sucker for a nice pair of heels! My little clutch bag was given to me as a present for my 17th birthday by a close friend and I LOVE it!

Sorry for such a word heavy post but I wanted to blog about my little routine! I might do some more of these; I'm quite enjoying writing and posting lifestyle and beauty posts. 

The birthday girl and myself, clearly enjoying a good night 
 Hope everyone had a lovely June and has a lovely July!

@HanMcFly
smilingwontkillyou


No comments:

Post a Comment