Sunday 13 April 2014

Make-up Haul

Over the past few weeks I've been purchasing some new make-up and I wanted to share them, maybe even share a few reviews.



Most of these are quite neutral colours which is always handy to have, especially when you're a minimal sort of make up gal like myself. 

This is especially true for me when I'm choosing eye shadows!


Both shades can be found here; 24hr Color Tattoo
Both shades can be found here; Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint


I purchased the first two which are the Maybelline New York, 24hr Color Tattoo, gel-cream eye shadows in 40-Permanent Taupe and 35-On and on Bronze. I absolutely love creamy textured eye shadows compared to the traditional powdered ones, so these are perfect for me! However, the Permanent Taupe one is a nice colour but I found it didn't match how it looked in the pot and was quite dark when on;  But I still quite like it! It doesn't crease and even after a day of college and running about doing errands still looks fresh and well placed, so I highly recommend these!
The On and on Bronze colour I picked up last week as part of three for two make-up at Tesco (The best and worst thing that could ever happen! Good for grabbing some lovely new products but also bad for the dent left in my bank account!) and I'm yet to try it. However, a close friend of mine wears this one quite often and it lasts all day and is a lovely neutral colour, which can be worn with everything
. In all honesty I wanted to try this one as an attempt to find a cheaper version of Benefits R.S.V.P.  (which I spoke about here; current-favorites), but its not even similar in colour but should make for a good neutral replacement none the less! 


The second two eye shadows, which I am LOVING are Clinique's Chubby stick, shadow tint in 01-Bountiful Beige and 07-Pink & Plenty. These were a gift from my mum when she came home from holiday, in Lanzarote the lucky devil! I absolutely love the colours, they're quite natural so can be worn with pretty much everything and Pink & Plenty is really summery as well! They're so easy to apply; almost like a lipstick for your eyes, which makes them easy to apply without mistakes, which for someone as clumsy as me is brilliant!
So for the price I recommend these and I can't wait to purchase some more colours in the future. 

Now,  I've never been sure about lipstick and what colours suite me best so I've always stuck to pinks and my two newest additions to my make-up bag are no exception. However, these two are slightly more vibrant than I've ever bought before. 

Left 6-Sugar Pink
Right 8-Sweet Tart 

Top is 8-Sweet Tart, bottom is 6-Sugar Pink

I bought Collection 2000's Volume sensation in 6-Sugar Pink and Collection 2000's Lasting colour 8-Sweet Tart. These were relatively cheap, and at superdrug were buy one get one half price when I purchased these two(which helped A LOT because I couldn't decide which colour I liked more, so bought them both, hey why not!). But they're really vibrant and are long lasting, even more so if you use a primer before hand. But I quite like these, they're not really everyday colours but are super for nights out and occasions. 

I have always used Clinique's even better skin if I was wearing liquid foundation, and I've never really tried or bought anything else. On a day to day basis I prefer to wear just powder and concealer. 

Left Rimmel London BB Cream Matte
Middle Stay Matte Primer
Right Pro Base Fixing Mist

 However after trying the Rimmel London BB Cream, Beauty Balm, Matte I had to purchase it(I had a little sample of it, which I tried and was quite impressed with, plus I wasn't allergic to it!) Then when I went to buy it at Tesco they had a three for two offer on(as previously mentioned) which made the purchase even better! I bought the BB cream itself, in light and the Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer. The primer has the texture a lot like a moisturiser but sinks into the skin really quickly. The bottle says it can be used alone, under make-up or over make-up which means it's pretty versatile. It does work quite well under make-up as a base for the BB cream and does keep the skin looking fresh for the best part of the day!
 The BB cream is a good colour, easy to blend and does match my skin pretty well, however if it's not rubbed in properly it can look slightly orange. It sits well on the skin though and does last a reasonable part of the day. So I'm pretty happy with this purchase and have worn it everyday since purchasing it last week! 

Left Stay Matte Primer
Right Rimmel London BB Cream Matte

The last thing I wanted to share was the MUA Pro-base fixing mist, which I've pretty much spoke in every post I've ever written about make-up, ooops. But this was a re-buy of a product I really like! You just spray it over your make-up to set it for the day. As far as I'm aware it works pretty well for me, put that could just be my mind playing tricks, but hey I think it works pretty well! 

So there you are; thanks for reading and hope this was helpful/interesting :-)

P.S. I need some help; I'm looking for an everyday lipstick/gloss and a really good liquid eyeliner, so if anyone's got any recommendations let me know in the comments/twitter(which is below!) Thank you lovelies! 




2 comments:

  1. Sweet Tart looks gorgeous! x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete