Wednesday 13 November 2013

Just a little life update

As far as life goes the past few weeks have been ridiculously busy! I've had so much going on, so much to do, a hell of a lot of stress and a lot of nerves. I've had a quite a bit of disappointment as well.

I started learning to drive in May and just under 4 weeks ago I took my driving test for the first time. I felt quite nervous going into it but soon relaxed. Then for my examiner to fail me on a roundabout for no apparent reason. So I was pretty gutted about that! However, I've re-booked and am retaking it next week, so fingers crossed! Especially now that I've finally bought a car!! YAAY! After my 18th birthday I had enough money to buy a car, I then came to an agreement about the insurance with my mum so I've been lucky enough to get a car, its the first big big purchase I've ever made and I'm so excited to start driving now!

If any of you have been through the university application you'll know how damn stressful it is! I sent of my UCAS application and received a couple of interviews. The first of which was my second choice university. Safe to say that was a nerve racking day and then a nerve racking wait until I heard back from them. To then find out that I hadn't got a place. Honestly nothing compares to how devastating that is, not a personal rejection from someone, not even being rejected from a job is that devastating. Unless you've been through it you honestly don't understand how bad it makes you feel. But picking yourself up from it, moving on and hoping for the best at another interview is the best thing to do!

If I got the chance to tell 12 year old me something without a doubt the first thing I would tell myself is to always be careful about who you get close to, who you trust and how attached you get to someone. I've recently come to learn that a lot of people just mess you around, drop you when they want and don't put the effort in that you do. Move on and be careful, people can be harsh.

I always feel a lot better after I've blogged.

@HanMcFly
smilingwontkillyou

3 comments:

  1. Sorry! Just read this, I'm so glad you are considering University. I work for a University :) I know how hard UCAS can be and how scary it can seem going to a new place, especially if you are planning to move away. Which one are you planning to go to? Www.whips-and-furs.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a horrible process! haha, hopefully it should be worth it though! I'm hoping either Manchester or York!xx

      Delete
  2. Hi, only just seen this - Manchester is where I'm from + I'm the Vice President of Man Met. If you get a chance, check out the Uni, it is fantastic. My friend is also the President of York - and it's also a brilliant Uni. It all depends on the social like you may way/the course you want to do. Anyway I would fully suggest going to University - it changed my life xxx

    ReplyDelete