Saturday 3 May 2014

Current favourites


It's been ages and ages since I did my last favourites post so here we are with a new set of favourites! I surprise myself with these posts because I'm not normally one of those people who changes products or gets attached to new things regularly but it seems I do..hm who knew it, maybe I'm not sure of a creature of habit.

First is the beauty type products which I've been loving! If you've seen my recent make-up haul post (its here if you haven't read it!) I spoke about the Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer, since then I have fallen in love with it, bit weird I know. But in the past few weeks I've been wearing just powder during the day instead of a liquid just because I've been super busy and I often found I was reapplying through the day and getting shiny, but I've found using this as a base for makeup has really helped and I'm finding I don't have to reapply powder and if I do its normally mid afternoon. Highly recommend it!

At christmas I got a tonne of beauty products and things and I'm still slowly working my way through them and finding new things I like. Recently I've been loving No7's Beautiful Skin, Cleansing lotion. I have pretty sensitive skin and find a lot of products I can't use but this is hypo-allergenic and very gentle on the skin. I'm also prone to breakouts and this hasn't brought any on which is even better! I tend to use the lotion at night to remove make-up and it works so well! It's gentle on skin and can remove all my make-up pretty much instantly with a wipe of cotton wool after applying it, and you only need a little bit to so my guess is it'll probably last me a while! I know you can get it at boots, usually on 3 for 2 or some other fabulous promotion.

 Finallllly make-up wise is the Maybelline New York, Master Precise liquid eyeliner. I never wear eyeliner, only ever to fill in gaps when I'm wearing eyelashes, but I bought this in the hope I could teach myself to apply it properly and try something new with my make-up. So far, so good! It's easy to use, really soft, almost like a fine liner and sits in place really well. It was around £6 or £7 if I remember correctly so I'm pretty happy about this little purchase. (If anyone has tips on applying eyeliner easily let me know!)



My next favourite is my favourite purchase I've made in a couple of months! This lovely statement, yet subtle necklace. I bought this from New Look, and was only £5.99. It's great for wearing with a cami for a dressy occasion or a casual occasion. I really really like it! It's also not heavy or noisy to wear...if that makes sense. 



Finallly, slightly random but still one of my favourite things at the minute! My diary. With a busy few months coming up with exams and birthdays and trips and work and god know what else this has been my best friend recently. I know its late in the year to be raving about a diary but honestly I recommend buying one if you're as disorganised as I can be sometimes. It just lets me know/plan where I should be and what I should be doing, even with my revision. It also lets me plan college work, trips and life in general which is brilliant for me. I'm just really enjoying being organised. (It also means I can collect my lego stickers somewhere from when I babysit, which is the best part of course...)


Thanks for reading, I love doing posts like this:-)!


1 comment:

  1. Love the necklace! xo

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete